Charles H Cha MD, FACS
Associate Professor of Surgery (Oncology and Gastrointestinal)
Departments & Organizations
Development of robotic and laparoscopic approaches for benign and malignant conditions of the liver, pancreas and stomach; Effects of angiogenesis on gastrointestinal malignancy; Gene silencing techniques to knockdown proliferation of hepatocellular carcinoma in vitro and in vivo; Diagnostic and therapeutic utility of angiogenic inhibitors for treatment of solid tumors; Clinical outcomes in surgery for sarcoma, hepatobiliary, gastric and esophageal malignancy more...
- B.S., Northwestern University, 1990
- M.D., Northwestern University Medical School, 1995
- Kiang, W., Gao, P., Yoo, J., Schmitz, E., Chu, E., Uchio, S. Kulkarni , C. Cha. HuR protein downregulation as an antitumor strategy. Journal of the American College of Surgeons, Volume 207, Issue 3, Pages S96 - S96, 2008.
- Yoo PS, Sullivan CA, Kiang S, Gao W, Uchio EM, Chung GG, Cha CH. Tissue Microarray Analysis of 560 Patients with Colorectal Adenocarcinoma: High Expression of HuR Predicts Poor Survival. Annals of Surgical Oncology ;16(1):200-7. 2009.
- Yeo, H, Shariff, A, Cha, C. Advances in Surgical Therapy for Esophageal Cancer. Emerging Cancer Therapeutics; 1:19-34, 2010