Abeel A. Mangi MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery (Section of Cardiac Surgery); Surgical Director, Center for Advanced Heart Failure, Mechanical Circulatory Support and Heart Transplantation
Stem cell based therapies for cardiac repair and regeneration; Ex vivo small molecule conditioning of donor thoracic organs; Donor-specific variables influencing heart and lung transplantation; LVADs and platelet dysfunction; Right ventricular dysfunction after cardiac operation
- Taghavi, S., Wilson, L. M., Brann, S. H., Mangi A. A. Cardiac transplantation can be safely performed using low donor to recipient body weight ratios. In preparation.
- Taghavi, S., Brann, S. H., Mangi A. A. Surgical management of tricuspid valve endocarditis. In preparation.
- Emani, S., Sudhakar, S., Hasan, A., Sun, B., Miller, M. A., Cannon, A., Young, J. B., Mangi, A. A., Cleveland, J., Acker, M., Naftel, C. Characteristics of INTERMACS Patients Receiving LVADs as Bridge to Candidacy. In preparation.
- Benish, L., Mangi, A. A. Standardized care protocols for LVAD drive-lines impact outcomes. In preparation.
- Taghavi, S., Jayarajan, S., Benish, L., Mangi A. A. Choice of left ventricular assist device and addition of mitral valve repair do not influence reduction in pulmonary vascular resistance. In preparation.
- Mody, K., Benish, L., Leech, S. H., Pieretti, J., Ferrer, L., Gaughan, J., Mangi, A. A. Sustained Long Term Alloantigen Sensitization Is Significantly Lower In Patients Undergoing Heartmate 2 LVAD Implantation Than In Those Undergoing Implantation Of Heartmate XVE LVAD. In preparation.
- Jenkins, M., Benish, L., Mangi, A. A. “Bridging strategies” allow successful management of Intermacs profile 1 and 2 patients.Outcomes in patients undergoing planned concomitant valve operation at the time of LVAD implantation. In preparation.
- Ferrer, L., Mudy, K., Bell, Y., Gaughan, J., Leech, S. H., Parekh, H., Cordova, F., Mangi, A. A. Sensitized recipients can undergo pulmonary transplantation with excellent intermediate and long-term outcomes. In preparation.
- Mangi, A. A., Mason, D. P., Murthy, S., Nowicki, E. R., and Pettersson, G. B. Predictors of rejection after lung transplantation. In preparation.