- Ditillo MF, Davis KA. Appendicitis. In: Luchette FL and Yelon JA (Eds), Geriatric Trauma and Emergency Care. New York: Springer, 2014.
- Maxfield M, Schuster KM, Bokhari J, McGillicuddy EA, Davis KA. “Predictive factors for failure of non-operative management in perforated appendicitis.” Journal of Trauma, 2014, 76, 976-981.
- Schuster KM, Barre K, Inzucchi SE, Udelsman R, Davis KA. “Continuous glucose monitoring in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit: Concordance with capillary glucose.” Journal of Trauma, 2014, 76, 798-803.
- Ditillo MF, Pandit V, Rhee P, Aziz H, Bhattacharya B, Friese RS, Davis KA, Joseph B. “Obesity predisposes trauma patients to worse outcomes: A National Trauma Data Bank analysis.” Journal of Trauma, 2014, 76, 176-179.
- Piper GL, Maerz LL, Schuster KM, Maung AA, Luckianow GM, Davis KA, Kaplan LJ. “When the ICU is the OR.” Journal of Trauma, 2013, 74, 871-875.
- Wang M-L, Schuster KM, Bhattacharya B, Maung AA, Kaplan LJ, Davis KA. “Repositioning endotracheal tubes in the intensive care unit: depth of changes poorly correlate with postrepositioning radiographic location.” Journal of Trauma, 2013, 75, 146-149.
- Fonseca AL. Schuster KM, Maung AA. Kaplan LJ, Lui FY, Davis KA. “Routine nasogastric decompression in small bowel obstruction: Is it really necessary?” American Surgeon, 2013, 79, 422-428.
- Abbed KA and Davis KA. Spinal Column and Spinal Cord Injury. In: Britt LD, Barie P, Jurkovich G and Peitzman A (Eds), Acute Care Surgery (Second Edition). Philadelphia: Lippencott, Williams and Wilkins, 2012.
- Schuster KM and Davis KA. Diaphragm. In Mattox KL, Moore EE and Feliciano DV. Trauma, 7th edition. New York : McGraw Hill, 2012.
- Maung AA and Davis KA. Perioperative nutritional support: Immunosuppression, probiotics and anabolic steroids. In Kaplan LK and Rosenbaum SH (eds), Surgical Clinical of North America “Management of Peri-operative Complications.” Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders, 2012, 92(4), 273-283.
- Maxfield MW, Schuster KM, McGillicuddy EA, Ghita M, Brink JA, Davis KA. “Impact of adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction on radiation dose in the evaluation of trauma patients.” Journal of Trauma, 2012, 73, 1404-1409.
- Maung AA, Kaplan LJ, Schuster KM, Johnson DC, Davis KA. “Routine / protocol evaluation of trauma patients with suspected syncope is unnecessary.“ Journal of Trauma, 2011, 70, 428-432.
- McGillicuddy EA, Lischuk A, Schuster KM, Kaplan, LJ, Lui FY, Bokhari SJ, Davis KA. “Development of a CT scoring system for necrotizing soft tissue infections.” Journal of Trauma, 2011, 70, 894-899.
- Schuster KM, McGillicuddy EA, Maung AA, Kaplan LJ, Davis KA. “Can acute care surgeons perform emergency colorectal procedures with good outcomes?” Journal of Trauma, 2011, 71, 94-101.
- Maung AA, Schuster KM, Kaplan LJ, Maerz LL, Davis KA. “Risk of venous thromboembolism after spinal cord injury: Not all levels are the same.” Journal of Trauma, 2011, 71, 1241-1245.
- McGillicuddy EA, Schuster KM, Brown E, Maxfield MW, Davis KA, Longo WE. “Acute cholecystitis in the elderly: Use of CT and correlation with ultrasonography.” American Journal of Surgery, 2011, 202, 524-527.
- Davis KA, Cocanour CS, Rosenbaum SH (Guest editors). Current management of the critically ill surgical patient. Critical Care Medicine, 2010, 38 (Suppl.).
- Davis KA, Rozycki GS. “Acute care surgery in evolution”. Critical Care Medicine, 2010, 38 (Suppl.), S405-S410.